How to Choose Tex-Cote® Color
Want to turn your home into a showplace? Choosing the right colors will help. Here are some tips on helping you select colors for your home.
- Traditionally, lighter colors have been the preferred choice among most homeowners for the exteriors of their homes.
- Now, with COOLWALL®, all colors are “green”. Even medium and darker colors can be used without experiencing fading and additional heat build-up.
- Be sure to take into account the color of your roof. You probably won’t be changing it anytime soon, so make sure the color or colors you choose for the sides of your home work well with the roof color.
- Today soft contrasts between trim and house colors are very popular. These soft contrasts can make your home seem much larger than it actually is.
- Look at your neighbor’s home. Although you want to express your individuality, try not to choose colors that will clash with the neighborhood.
- If you have a great deal of landscaping around your home, be sure to consider how the house color will coordinate with the landscaping. You don’t want to have to replace shrubbery, flowers and trees just to make their colors compatible with your new house color.
- Two colors are normally used on single story homes and three colors on two stories. If you own a Victorian-style home, it will probably handle more than two colors.
- If brick, stucco or other wall treatments are part of your home’s exterior, be sure to coordinate the house color with them.
- You can add incredible color and “life” to a home simply by selecting contrasting colors for the trim. Don’t worry about dark colors with COOLWALL®: Its special reflective formulation resists fading and stays cooler – even on the hottest days.
Select Home Improvements is the best choice is you are looking for a home improvement contractor. If you have questions about your project please contact Select Home Improvements. We are here to assist you.
Call us at (855) 405-2426.