Leaky Roof. Time for Roof Replacement.
Everything must come to an end, and naturally, a roof’s life is no exception. You will start to notice it is no longer protecting your home and more and more roof failures happen during the rainy season. As time passes by, it will start looking worn down, old, and you find yourself doing a lot of preventative maintenance on your home. The experts at Select Home Improvements advice not to allow a delay on roof replacement. A significant delay may cause huge problems and some of them may be irreversible and expensive.
Your Roof Needs To Retire
Make sure you are aware of the possible warnings telling you, your roof needs to retire, and you need to find a replacement. These warnings are good signs that you have to plan and give yourself time to add this vital task to your home improvement to-do list. For help with your roof replacement, you can always contact Select Home Improvements.
Likely Signs That Your Roof May Require Replacement:
- Shingle tabs are cupped, or shingle corners are curled.
- Bald spots where roof shingles are missing
- Damaged or cracked shingles.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old; although many shingles today are manufactured to last longer, many factors can contribute to the aging of shingles. For instance, if your roof does not have proper air ventilation it needs, shingles can deteriorate quickly.
- You notice visible signs of roof aging.
- If you notice that the neighbors are getting new roofs, it might be the time for you. Homes built around the same period are experiencing the same types of weather conditions, so that’s a perfect sign that your roof’s life is coming to an end, and you need a roof replacement.
- Dark strips on roof decks can develop because of airborne algae. These dark strips do not look good and can be cleaned using household cleaning products.
- Moss can grow on your roof surfaces if it does not get much sunlight, especially during cold weather and rainy season. Moss growth is not only a cosmetic issue; it is more severe and has to be dealt with promptly. Moss will keep your roof moist, and over time can cause damage to the granules on the top of the shingles.
If you notice any of these warning signs, do not hesitate to contact Select Home improvements to start the process and plan before any irreversible damage occurs and save money in the long run.